Tasks are the main currency in Workiro. Assign them to yourself, others, or leave them unassigned and let them be picked up by anyone you include. Add your team members and your clients (remember, they don't need an account), include documents, and ensure that everyone involved stays up-to-date and those responsible get things done.
Creating a Task
You can create a task from several different areas of the app depending how you like to work.
1) You can create any type of thread from the globally accessible 'Create' button in the side navigation bar and complete all the fields from scratch.
2. From 'Assigned to me', use the '+' button to create a task from scratch. Or save time with the '+ Quick add' option to add tasks by name (just type in the title of your task and hit return/enter'). You can edit them and complete more details later.
3. From a connection use the '+' button. As you continue to create the task you'll see it's automatically been 'related to' the connection. If the task is going to be shared, they'll be at the top of the list as a suggested participant.
4. If you or your team have configured a task template you can create a task from it via the Templates screen (Settings > Templates). Select 'Use' template or click the 'Use template' icon as shown below.
5. For advanced productivity create a task with the comment pre-populated by a comment in an existing thread.
6. From any projects, private tags or some smart views within the Focus area with the icon.
The anatomy of a task
You can create personal tasks for yourself or share them by adding participants.
When creating a task, simply complete the fields before hitting the Create button:
1. Title (required) - what needs to be done?
2. Participants (required) - who does this task involve? Just yourself or add your participants, then highlight who is responsible/accountable for the action by 'assigning' by them so that their picture is ticked or leave unassigned for someone to pick up.
3. Comments (optional) - Add a message, more detail, comments or links related to the action that needs to be done.
4. Due date (optional) - Specify if your task has a clear deadline date for completion by clicking the calendar icon.
5. Documents (optional)- Attach any files, documents or images by dragging and dropping, or uploading, from your device or from Google Drive / Dropbox / Virtual Cabinet.
6. Relates to (optional) - Categorise and tag your task:
i) by individual person or organisation (connection),
ii) as part of a shared team project, so that it's visible to the rest of your team, or by
iii) private tags which is a label that is only visible to you e.g. urgent or important or subject-related.
iv) team tags, which are visible to your team.
7. Visible to your team - Decide whether to keep this task private to you and any direct participants, or check the box if you want the whole team to be able to see what's going on.
Finally, save by clicking 'Create'.
Tasks can be edited or added to at any point.
Now you're ready to start adding tasks for yourself and for others so you can stay on top of things that you need to do and keep track.
- Next up, here's how to complete a task!
- Or send a signature request
- Or create a note for a discussion instead
Not sure which type of thread to create? Read about the different types of tasks and threads you can create in Workiro.
Or need some inspiration for tasks you can create? Check out some examples and suggestions here to give you some ideas.
You can also learn:
- how to create templates to use to save you from creating the same or similar tasks from scratch every time;
- how to automatically schedule recurring tasks from templates