Tasks can be thought of as the main currency in Workiro. Assign them to yourself, others, or leave them unassigned and let them be picked up by anyone you include. Add your team members and your clients (remember, they don't need an account), upload documents, and ensure that everyone involved stays up-to-date and those responsible get things done.
In this guide:
6. From a project, or smart views
Creating a Task
You can create a task from several different areas of the app depending how you like to work.
1. Global creation
You can create any type of thread from the globally accessible 'Create' button in the side navigation bar and complete all the fields from scratch.
2. Assigned to me
From 'Assigned to me', use the '+' button to create a task from scratch. Or save time with the '+ Quick add' option to add tasks by name (just type in the title of your task and hit return/enter'). You can edit them and complete more details later.
3. Connections (Recommended):
From your view of a connection use the '+' button. As you continue to create the task you'll see it's automatically been 'related to' the connection. If the task is going to be shared, they'll be at the top of the list as a suggested participant. This task has been automatically categorised against the connection.
4. From a template
If you or your team have configured a task template you can create a task from it via the Templates screen (Settings > Templates). Select 'Use' template from the menu or click the 'Use template' icon as shown below.
5. From a comment
For advanced productivity you can even create a task from a comment in an existing thread.
6. From a project, or smart views
Just hit the the + button and the task will be 'related to' the project or tag view you are looking at
The anatomy of a task
You can create personal tasks for yourself or share them by adding participants.
When creating a task, simply complete the fields before hitting the Create button:
1. Title (required)
- What needs to be done?
2. Participants (required)
- Who does this task involve? Just yourself or add your participants, then highlight who is responsible/accountable for the action by 'assigning' to them (their avatar will be ticked). You can also leave the task unassigned for any participant to pick up.
3. Comments (optional)
- Add a message, more detail, comments or links related to the action that needs to be done.
4. Due date (optional)
- Specify if your task has a clear deadline date for completion by clicking the calendar icon. You can filter your task list in 'Assigned to me' by due dates.
5. Documents (optional)
- Attach any files, documents or images by dragging and dropping, or uploading, from your device or from Google Drive / Dropbox / Virtual Cabinet.
6. Relates to (optional)
- Categorise your task so you and your team can find it:
i) By individual person or organisation (connection),
ii) As part of a shared team project, so that it's visible to the rest of your team, or by
iii) Private tags which is a label that is only visible to you e.g. urgent or important or subject-related.
iv) Team tags, which are visible to your team.
7. Visible to your team (required)
- Decide whether to keep this task private to you and any direct participants, or check the box if you want the whole team to be able to see what's going on.
Finally click 'Create'. Tasks can be edited or added to at any point.
- Next up, learn how to complete a task
- Send a signature request
- Or create a note for a discussion instead
Not sure which type of thread to create? Learn more about the different types of threads available in Workiro.
You can also learn:
- How to create thread templates to save you even more time
- How to automatically schedule recurring tasks from templates
Article is closed for comments.