Welcome to Workiro!
We've created this guide for anyone new to Workiro to take you through the first steps, so you and your team can get going with confidence. We'll cover:
- Key Information
- Getting Set Up
- Getting Started
- Getting Busier
- Getting Advanced
There are five key areas in Workiro:
|Where to find the things you need to do. Your to-do list. All tasks you’ve created for yourself or assigned to you by others. Prioritise and order your tasks, then mark them as complete once done.|
Like your inbox – for everything that’s new or needs your attention.
Get up-to-speed on latest activity, updates, quickly action things or hold important tasks in Catch-up for later.
|Connections||The list of your contacts and organisations that you and team work with - like folders or records - where you can see any tasks, discussions and files related to them.|
|Smart views||See what else is going on and filter your view, organised by tags, projects and other smart views.|
|Projects||Work together on team projects or sort tasks into team folders. Project names are not visible to non-team members.|
|Settings||Manage your profile, team, templates, team account subscription and see product updates.|
Some of the
Request PDF documents to be digitally signed, or sign them yourself.
Make sure a critical job is done with a clear owner and a goal. Can be sent both internally and externally.
3. Document storage and sharing
Securely classify and store documents
Create a task or note with a file attached up to 200MB to share it easily and securely.
To discuss something or share information. New tasks may spawn from comments in note conversations, once actions are needed. Can also be used for personal notes just for your own reference.
There are three types of Workiro thread you can create: Tasks, Notes and E-signatures
Getting Set Up
1. Install the Workiro app for Desktop for Windows or Mac - for easiest access, the best experience and visibility, and fewer email notifications.
If using a tablet or Chromebook, the best way to use Workiro is in the web browser, but you can add a shortcut to the Workiro login page to your Home page for easy access.
2. Set up your profile - personal and organisation/team details including branding - before you start working with or sending anything to anyone. Your picture and information will be automatically used with anyone you send things to and will also affect team members' profiles so people can trust who you are.
3. Set up your team - if you are the Team Owner > Settings > Team > Invite.
Getting Started: The Basics
1. Create and add your own to-do list or assign tasks/queries to other people (internal/external).
-> See here for inspiration and examples of tasks you could create.
2. Upload and send pdf documents as a signature task for anyone to sign.
Once attached to a signature task, prepare your document/s to specify where needs to be signed or text entered, and by whom. Then save and send!
The signing experience is smooth and easy!
3. Upload and store documents and files (up to 200MB) on any task, or on any individual contact or company records in the Connections area for personal or internal team reference.
4. Pause tasks to manage your workload, when you want to do them and to control when you want to be reminded.
-> Leaving tasks unpaused means that you are actively or imminently working on them today, and you will receive automated reminders every 3 days if still incomplete or not updated.
5. Mark tasks as complete once done! ✅
1. Create personal templates- for repetitive tasks and processes, saving you time in creating tasks from scratch.
2. Share task templates with the team - for consistent processes.
3. Set schedules on templates - for recurring tasks to automatically be created when you want.
5. Check the 'Upcoming' filters in Assigned to me and Smart views - to see any tasks with a deadline date, and see what's overdue or coming up soon.
6. Notice the nudging - see 'getting dusty' reminders on active tasks that haven't been updated in 3 days, or put extra pressure on someone by poking them ? from the Comments box on a task.
7. Stay on top of your updates in Catch-up and keep it clear - hold/pin items to the top of your Catch-up for later, using the ⚡ icon at the top of any task.
Getting Advanced: Shortcuts and Streamlining
1. Add the Workiro Chrome or Microsoft Edge extension
So you can quickly add any email address from any web page as a contact and work on tasks with them in Workiro, or to view any tasks and documents with existing contacts - with just one click.
2. Add the Workiro add-in to Outlook
Turn any email into unmissable, trackable Workiro tasks with one click
3. Keyboard shortcut/s
Create your own shortcuts to instantly open a Workiro task no matter what's on your screen. Even configure to pre-add your team or specific people.
4. Zapier integrations
E.g. automatically create Workiro tasks or connections from Slack, emails, CRM systems, calendars, spreadsheets, project management systems, etc.
Contact us if you have any questions, technical issues or you'd like a personalised walk-through to see Workiro fully in action.
You can also see more guides and tips in our Help Centre.