The Workiro add-ins for Microsoft Outlook provide a quick way to convert emails into productive Workiro threads.
There are two versions of the Workiro Outlook Add-in available.
Which version should I use?
If you predominantly use Outlook on a Windows device or operating system, we recommend you use the Windows Outlook Add-in.
Otherwise, use the Universal Outlook Add-in.
Why are there two add-ins?
As with a lot of software development, the 'new way' isn't yet as mature and flexible as the 'old way', so, like a number of other app providers, Workiro has elected to support both.
What are the main differences between the two Workiro add-ins?
The Universal Outlook Add-in: (Coming soon)
- Captures emails as .eml documents and categories them 'In Workiro'
- Automatically captures email conversations as new document versions
- Suggests related connections from the email participants
- Allows for quick creation of tasks from the captured email
- Supports Outlook apps for Windows, MacOS and Web
- Only supports recent versions of Microsoft Outlook
- Only supports Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 email accounts (i.e. no GMail support)
- Does not support some Outlook / Exchange features such as public folders and shared mailboxes
- Only captures emails by creating Workiro tasks, with and without the email participants.
- Doesn't show when the email has been captured
- Doesn't capture email conversations
- Stores the email in Workiro in .msg format
- Only supports Classic Outlook for Windows and not the New Outlook
- Requires the Workiro Desktop App for Windows to be installed
- Supports any version of Outlook 2013 or later
- Supports all email account providers, including GMail and other webmail providers
- Supports public folders and shared mailboxes