The Workiro add-in for Microsoft Outlook provides a quick way to convert emails into productive Workiro threads, or store them against connections.
There are two versions of the Workiro Outlook Add-in available.
This article refers to the Windows Outlook Add-in, rather than the 'Universal Outlook Add-in'. Please review this Microsoft Outlook Add-ins article to determine which add-in version is most appropriate for you.
- Microsoft Outlook for Windows: 2013 or later
- Microsoft Operating System: Windows 8 or later, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- Workiro Desktop App for Windows: Latest version
Installing the add-in
- Install the Workiro Desktop App for Windows or ensure you are running the latest version.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & Integrations from where you can download and run the add-in installer for Windows from the following location: https://downloads.getbusy.com/vstooutlookaddin/setup.exe
- Having run the installer file you downloaded in the previous step, click Install.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook if it was open during the Installation of the add-in.
- Once installed, the add-in will automatically update when new versions become available.
Using the add-in
Following the installation of the add-in and a restart of Microsoft Outlook, a new Workiro button group will appear in your Outlook ribbon.
With an email selected, choose one of the available options:
- Add creates a new Workiro document from the email, in MSG format.
- New thread creates a new Workiro thread from the email, but excludes any email participants.
- Include recipients creates a new Workiro thread from the email, including adding all email participants as participants on the thread (and creates them as connections in Workiro).
The following will then occur:
- The Desktop App for Windows will be started, or come into focus if it's already running.
- You will be prompted to sign in if you have not already done so.
- A new document window will open, allowing you to change the name and relate it to at least one connection OR
- A new thread window will open and be pre-populated using information from the email as follows:
- Email subject -> Thread title
- Email body -> Comments
- Original email -> Attachments (in MSG format)
- Email attachments -> Attachments
- If using 'Include Recipients' -> Email addresses in To:, From: Cc: -> Participants (connections are created in Workiro automatically)
- You can remove or replace any of the data transferred from the converted email before creating the thread in Workiro, such as removing participants, attachments, or removing parts of the message body that are not helpful.
Uninstalling the add-in
- Open Add / Remove Programs or Programs & Features on your Windows device.
- Search the installed programs list for GetBusy.Outlook and click Uninstall.
- Restart Microsoft Outlook.
Read more about other ways to connect Workiro with other tools you're using:
Article is closed for comments.