The Workiro add-in for Microsoft Word provides a quick way to convert word documents into productive Workiro threads, or simply store them against connections.
- Microsoft Word for Windows: 2013 or later
- Microsoft Operating System: Windows 8 or later, Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- Workiro Desktop App for Windows: Latest version
Installing the add-in
- Install the Workiro Desktop App for Windows or ensure you are running the latest version.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps & Integrations from where you can download and run the add-in installer for Windows from the following location: https://downloads.getbusy.com/vstowordaddin/setup.exe
- Having run the installer file you downloaded in the previous step, click Install.
- Restart Microsoft Word if it was open during the Installation of the add-in.
- Once installed, the add-in will automatically update when new versions become available.
Using the add-in
Following the installation of the add-in and a restart of Microsoft Word, a new Workiro button group will appear in your Word ribbon.
With a document open, choose one of the available options:
- Add uploads the Word document to Workiro
- You can change the document name and must relate it to at least one connection for storage.
- New thread starts the creation of a new Workiro thread
- Sign creates a new Workiro signature thread.