The GetBusy add-ins for Microsoft Outlook provide a quick way to convert emails into productive GetBusy threads.
There are two versions of the GetBusy Outlook Add-in available.
Which version should I use?
If you predominantly use Outlook on a Windows device or operating system, we recommend you use the Windows Outlook Add-in.
Otherwise, use the Universal Outlook Add-in.
Why are there two add-ins?
As with a lot of software development, the 'new way' isn't yet as mature and flexible as the 'old way', so, like a number of other app providers, GetBusy has elected to support both.
What are the main differences between the two GetBusy add-ins?
- supports Outlook apps for Windows, MacOS and Web
- only supports recent versions of Microsoft Outlook
- only supports Microsoft Exchange / Office 365 email accounts (i.e. no GMail support)
- does not support some Outlook / Exchange features such as public folders and shared mailboxes
- only supports an embedded integration experience, which can be a little slow to respond
- attaches the original email to GetBusy in HTML format
- only supports Outlook for Windows
- requires the GetBusy Desktop App for Windows to be installed
- supports any version of Outlook 2013 or later
- supports all email account providers, including GMail and other webmail providers
- supports public folders and shared mailboxes
- reuses the GetBusy Desktop app rather than an embedded experience, which is faster
- attaches the original email to GetBusy in MSG format