To-do's are the most frequently used type of thread. Use a to-do for any task, that anyone needs to do and they help everyone involved stay up-to-date and those responsible to get things done. 💥✅
There are 5 places you can start creating a To-do:
1. From the 'create' icon in the side navigation bar.
2. In the 'Assigned to me' area, use the '+ New to-do' option at the bottom of your active to-do list to add to-do's quickly to your list (just type in the title of your to-do and hit return/enter', to which you can later edit, add extra information, add participants, add attachments, or add project or private tags should you wish to.
Or you can use the 'Create' button option at the top if using an older version of GetBusy.
3. Click on a connection, then click the icon.
Or the 'Create' button if using an older version:
4. From using any of the templates you have created in the Templates area found under the main flag logo menu.
4. From any comment within any existing task/thread with a downward arrow.
5. From any of the specific projects, private tags or some smart views within the Focus area with the icon (or the 'Create' button if using older versions).
You can create personal to-do's for yourself or tasks/threads with other people (participants).
When creating a to-do, simply complete the information:
1. Participants - who does this task involve? Add your participants, then highlight who is responsible/accountable for the action by 'assigning' by them so that their picture is circled purple or leave unassigned for someone to pick up.
2. What do you need to do? - Briefly summarize the action that needs to be done.
3. Extra information - Add more detail, comments or links related to the action that needs to be done.
4. Due date - Plan if your task has a deadline date for completion.
5. Attachments - Add files or images by dragging and dropping, or uploading, from your device or from Google Drive / Dropbox / Instagram.
6. Team project - Categorize your task as part of a shared team project, so that it's visible to the rest of your team.
7. Private tags - Categorize your task with a label that is only visible to you e.g. urgent or important or subject-related.
8. Visible to your team - Decide whether to keep this task private to you and any direct participants, or check the box if you want the whole team to be able to see what's going on.
Finally save by clicking 'Create'.
To-do's can be edited or added to at any point.
Now you're ready to start adding tasks for yourself and for others so you can stay on top of things that you need to do and keep track. ✅
Not sure which type of task to create? See this guide on the different types of tasks and threads in GetBusy.
You can also learn how to create templates to use to make it easier to create any recurring tasks.