To-do's are the most frequently used type of thread. Use a to-do for any task, that anyone needs to do and they help everyone involved stay up-to-date and those responsible to get things done. 💥✅
There are 5 places you can start creating a To-do:
1. From the 'create' icon - in the side navigation bar if using the web/desktop app, or along the top of your mobile screen if using the native mobile app.
2. In the 'Assigned to me' area, use the icon at the top right of the screen.
You can also use the '+ Quick add' option at the bottom of your own active to-do list to add task names quickly for yourself (just type in the title of your to-do and hit return/enter'). You can then edit, add extra information, add participants, add attachments, or add project or private tags should you wish to later.
3. Click on a connection, then click the icon.
Or the 'Create' button if using an older version:
4. From using any of the templates you have created in the Templates area found within the Settings menu.
4. From any comment within any existing task/thread with a downward arrow.
5. From any of the specific projects, private tags or some smart views within the Focus area with the icon.
You can create personal to-do's for yourself or tasks/threads with other people (participants).
When creating a to-do, simply complete the information:
1. Participants - who does this task involve? Add your participants, then highlight who is responsible/accountable for the action by 'assigning' by them so that their picture is circled purple or leave unassigned for someone to pick up.
2. What do you need to do? - Briefly summarize the action that needs to be done.
3. Extra information - Add more detail, comments or links related to the action that needs to be done.
4. Due date - Plan if your task has a deadline date for completion.
5. Attachments - Add files or images by dragging and dropping, or uploading, from your device or from Google Drive / Dropbox / Instagram.
6. Team project - Categorize your task as part of a shared team project, so that it's visible to the rest of your team.
7. Private tags - Categorize your task with a label that is only visible to you e.g. urgent or important or subject-related.
8. Visible to your team - Decide whether to keep this task private to you and any direct participants, or check the box if you want the whole team to be able to see what's going on.
Finally, save by clicking 'Create'.
To-do's can be edited or added to at any point.
Now you're ready to start adding tasks for yourself and for others so you can stay on top of things that you need to do and keep track. ✅
- Next up, here's how to complete a to-do!
- Or create a note for a discussion instead
- Or send a signature request
Not sure which type of task to create? See this guide on the different types of tasks and threads in GetBusy.
You can also learn:
- how to create templates to use to save you from creating the same or similar tasks from scratch every time;
- how to automatically schedule recurring tasks from templates