Add annotations and markup to any PDF document with Workiro.
- Improve collaboration: Share documents for group review, your connections don't need a Workiro account and you can collect and manage feedback all in one place.
- Work faster and more efficiently: Say goodbye to chaotic email chains. Get real-time notifications when reviewers add comments. Use the power of Workiro tasks with clear assignees, automatic reminders and due dates.
- Work accurately: Use an array of powerful markup tools to ensure your comments and edits are clear and legible, reducing the risk of errors or misunderstandings.
In this guide
- PDF annotation and markup tools
- The main PDF viewer toolbar
- The quick actions toolbar
- The secondary toolbar
- Creating annotations and markup
- Saving changes
- Annotation navigation
Annotation and markup tools
Workiro PDF annotation and markup tools provide a variety of options.
Highlight text: Use the highlight tool to mark important text or passages in the document.
Redline, underline or strike through text: Proofread, review and correct the document by indicating changes on the original text.
Add notes: Add sticky notes to the text you have marked up and provide feedback about specific parts of the document.
- Add text boxes: Comment directly on the document, resize and reorientate to fit the space.
Add shapes or drawings: Use the drawing tools to illustrate your ideas and suggestions by adding shapes, lines, and freehand drawings to the document.
The main PDF viewer toolbar
When viewing a PDF document in Workiro the main toolbar contains a range of options, including those used for PDF markup as shown below.
The quick actions toolbar
You can redline, highlight and underline by selecting any text in your document and using the options on the floating quick action toolbar.
Once you have made a change to the text in this way select the annotation and use the sticky note function available from the secondary toolbar to add your comments directly to this change.
The secondary toolbar
When creating an annotation a secondary toolbar appears below the main toolbar. The options available help control the finer detail, and will depend upon the type.
On selection of any annotation the secondary toolbar will also reveal new options to add a sticky note, anchored to the annotation you have selected, or delete the annotation.
Creating annotations and markup
Annotation and markup tools are available on any PDF in Workiro, with the exception of those configured for electronic signature.
1) Select text to reveal the floating quick access toolbar. Use the strikethrough option to redline the text.
2) Select the text you have redlined then anchor a sticky note to it using the option from the secondary toolbar.
3) Include your comments before saving the changes using the button at the top of the viewer.
You can follow this same three-step process using any of the available tools
1) Create a new annotation
2) Select it and anchor a sticky note using the secondary toolbar (optional)
3) Add comments to your note
Once the document has been marked up or annotated, the save button is enabled above the toolbar. When saved, a new version of the document is created and all participants on the thread are notified.
Once a PDF contains saved annotations the navigation pane is opened automatically. Alternatively it can be toggled on and off using the control at the far left of the toolbar.
Each annotation is recorded by date, together with the name of the user who made it. Quickly navigate to the annotation in the document by clicking its row in the pane. You can also remove an annotation from here by hovering over the row and using the delete button (bin icon).